Experiential learning is at the heart of who we are and what we do.
Our mission is to empower emerging talent to build relevant skills and find jobs that they love.
Born as a student project in 2013 at the University of Victoria, BC, Canada, Riipen was built on the idea that we can better society while simultaneously helping bridge the graduate skills gap by bringing our brightest minds together to learn, create, and innovate.
Dave has over 10 years of business development and leadership experience. He graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce specialized in Entrepreneurship from the University of Victoria. Throughout his education, Dave owned and operated a student painting business gaining skills in sales, entrepreneurship, management, leadership, and hard work.
Passionate about lifelong learning, Dana started his entrepreneurial journey when he made it his mission to eliminate graduate underemployment through experiential learning. Born and raised in Vancouver, outside of Riipen, you’ll find him on the beach in the summer or on the slopes in the winter.
- At Riipen, every employee is empowered to try new things in their role, to assume responsibility, and to make constructive change.
- Riipen aims to be inclusive in our hiring and our workplace, as well as providing a product that is accessible to learners of all backgrounds.
- Riipen is for profit and for purpose. Business decisions are made with consideration to the impact on our larger purpose.
- Riipen is striving to create an inclusive community of experiential learning practitioners and learners, and a supportive community of colleagues
- Riipen is focused on the quality of the learning experience for our end users (students), and supports the continuous learning of our employees.